During the second year of the Inclusive Caltech Core project, 2018-19, key activities will include:
- Kick-off Retreat: Wednesday, September 12, 2018
- Fall discussion: Friday, November 9, 2018, 12:00 - 1:00 pm. More information and RSVP.
- Discuss trends and insights from fall 2018 mid-quarter feedback surveys
- Share examples of how faculty are redesigning assignments, syllabi, and teaching methods
- Share examples of how TAs are approaching recitations, office hours, and course organization
- Slides and discussion notes (Caltech network access or login required)
- Winter workshop: Monday, January 14, 2019, 12:00 - 1:00 pm
- How Learning Works: Creating Inclusive Environments in STEM (and Everywhere), by Michele DiPietro. (Also part of TeachWeek 2019).
- Spring 2019 Program Wrap-up Discussion: Friday, May 31, 2019, 12:00 - 1:00 pm
- Brief project recap
- Making sense of data
- What next?
- Slides, discussion notes, and feedback (Caltech network access or login required)
- Mid-quarter feedback surveys for main Core science and math classes: Fall, winter, and spring quarters
Questions? Please email Susanne Hall @firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inclusive Caltech Core project leadership and implementation team, 2018-2019:
Sarah Reisman, Chemistry EO
Kevin Gilmartin, Undergraduate Dean
Mitchio Okumura, Core Steering Committee Chair
Cassandra Horii and Jenn Weaver, CTLO
Hanna Song, CCD
Lesley Nye, Dean's Office